Faith UMC Student Department is looking for 2 summer interns. The positions become available June 1st and run through July 31st. There is a negotiable one week off possibility. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have been out of high school for one year. We desire interns who have a heart for ministry and love working with students of all ages. We also ask for the maturity to work with adults as well. Applications are available upon request and must be submitted to John Hollon by March 24th 2013. Please call the church office or email email@example.com
Part Time Organist
Faith United Methodist Church is looking for a part time Organist. This position includes the 8:30am and 11:00am Sunday services and special services throughout the year. This position requires 7 to 10 hours per week. Interested parties should send their resumes to Chris Tabberer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contemporary Worship Leader
This positions role is to lead all aspects of the worship team for a multi generational contemporary service on Sunday mornings. This position enables the congregation to experience worship in such a way that they can be more like Christ, love people first and do God’s work. The key goals for this position are:
Part Time approximately 15 Hours per Week (not subject to regular office hours)
Accountable primarily to the Director of Adult Music Ministries [and Senior Pastor] while working with the Worship and Arts Coordinator and Director of Media Ministries.
- Responsible for all music at the contemporary service except for special music arranged by the choir or Worship and Arts Coordinator
- Develop a growing contemporary worship team
- Develop singers and instrumentalists for the contemporary service
- Lead weekly rehearsals for the 1 worship service (currently Wednesday evenings)
- Recruit, develop, and schedule all vocalists and musicians for the contemporary service
- Direct the worship song slides for the contemporary service
- Communicate the technical needs of the worship team to the media ministries team
- Conduct appropriate rehearsals to ensure that music is of the highest quality
- Submit song choices to the Worship Coordinator weekly by Thursday mornings at 8:00am
- Organize and select music according to singability
- Help choose appropriate multimedia content for worship
Worship and Arts Council
- Lives a Christ centered life that continues to dive deeper into the presence of God
- Has a God revealed calling to be a worship leader
- Is attentive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in worship
- Has strong vocal ability and plays an instrument
- The ability to lead, disciple and assimilate volunteers into a gifted and established worship team
- Proven experience and musical ability with contemporary music in a church setting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to utilize necessary equipment and software
- Working knowledge of sound system technology
- Ability to use multi-media presentation software
- Substantial college-level training in vocal/instrumental performance, worship arts, music education, choral/instrumental conducting, or the equivalent.
- 2 or more years of worship arts leadership experience (either in a volunteer or professional capacity) which has included managing volunteers, leading worship services, directing instrumental and vocal groups, and overseeing technical and creative aspects of a worship arts ministry for a variety of settings and styles.
If you are interested in any position, please email your resume to Chris Tabberer at email@example.com.